You might be eligible for housing allowance and/or other social security benefits.
It’s worth finding out about this. We can help you with any questions you have about this.

CAF allowance

You might be eligible for Caf allowance. If you are a tenant in our residence you are entitled to the APL , social housing allowance! APL is financial housing assistance assigned by the CAF !

More information

You are entitled to apply to the APL regardless of your nationality, your family situation or your profession.

The only condition is that you have a rental contract.

Application is done via the website is simple fast and convenient. You can also go to one of their agencies where applications are available free of charge.

Contact details


CAF : Caisse d’Allocations Familiales
0 810 29 29 29 (price of a local call from a land line)
139, avenue de Lodève
23, rue Chio – Résidence Port Ballas à Port Marianne

You can also contact them via Facebook « Caf logement Étudiants » !

It’s the first application, what do I do ?

The first thing to do is to go to their website : www.caf.fr to find out how much you are entitled to.

Come on, we’ll give you a hand !
Click on « Les aides en ligne », and then « estimer vos droits » and follow the links. If you get stuck ask a member of our staff for help.

I already get the CAF, but I am changing accommodation, what should I do ?

Your login and pin allow you to amend your housing application directly via their website, without having to start from scratch.

Practical information
What happens if I lose my pin number ? Don’t worry.


Frist check, because your pin number is on every email the CAF has previously sent you. If that fails just go to www.caf.fr and order a new one, which will be sent to you within 8 days.
Make sure you keep your personal information, such, phone number, bank details etc.. updated.
After updating your change of accommodation the CAF will ask you to provide proof of rental, which will need to be signed by the reception team.